Monday, January 19, 2009

four days after

It is a clear Monday morning here in SW Alaska.
A friend is grocery shopping for me, so we will have all the basics we need to move into our new home.
The adrenaline is wearing off and we all are pretty exhausted today. We are excited about being able to give Johnny and Bonnie back their peaceful home :), and about getting ready to establish some sort of "new normal".
I am so thankful that God has been transforming that part of me that was too strong to ever admit that I needed help! It is such a freeing feeling to be able to say, "I just can't do that, will you please find someone who can?" It is also pretty cool to watch people in action and to be able to bless them by allowing them to help us!
I have been missing my cookbooks today...even though Alyssa and I had looked at the shelf a few weeks ago and said, "we have SO many cookbooks, we need to condense!"
Ron and Kendra and the team are capping off the water right now at the house, so that the rest of our neighborhood will have water. We are part of a shared well and if our pipes freeze the rest of the subdivision that is beyond us on the main line will not have water!
Our dog Licorice is ready to get to a new home too...she has gotten along amazingly well with Johnny and Bonnie's dogs, but they are all ready for their own space. The puppy is starting to toddle around the floor and play; he will have his first solid food today!
Today, I am thankful for sunshine, friends and family and fresh air.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Kari has been updating me on your situation. We are so thankful that you are all okay. I've been trying to call, but the phone is always busy. You must have a lot of love and support going on! God works in such amazing ways. I wish we were there to help you guys out. Please let us know if there is anything you need from the rest of America! You are continually in our thoughts and prayers.

    Wendy and Galen

    ReplyDelete