Thursday, January 22, 2009

BTW and FYI

You know, for those of you who are reading our blog and keeping up with God's amazing works in our lives these posts may sound a little surreal sometimes. I mean really...this woman has just lost everything that is supposed to fulfill us and make it possible for us to be happy, and she talks about angels of light, a home that was partially saved against all odds, joy and praise pouring forth from the depths of her soul etc. Either she is crazy or there is something going on here that I just don't get! Maybe she is in denial! Oh, and don't forget, she has five kids!
I wanted to add a BTW (by the way) and let you in on a little secret...I am neither crazy nor in denial AND my family is not perfect! I choose to share the encouraging, amazing, miraculous things our God is doing for us and in us day by day because He alone is worthy of the praise and credit that attests to our walking through this extrememly trying time.
That said here is the FYI (for your information) of my title. My boys are playing well together at this moment, however 30 minutes ago they came in from outside carrying the pieces of their new swords that they had shattered over each others heads in a new game they had invented. Both were hurt and angry, and got over it quickly :) Last night Ron and I had to physically separate them because they were fist fighting. Several times a day we fear for Snoopy's ( the orphan puppy) safety, because the kids are tussling over whose turn it is to hold him!
My daughters by turn love and annoy each other and are not afraid to say so. They are also wonderfully helpful (most of the time) and are tkaing care of each other. Just like normal kids!
I will continue to use this blog to write about miracles like a friend hearing that I am leaving for a retreat tomorrow and I needed a coat. She took off her coat and said, "This one is warm enough, take it!" So, off I go to Tanalian Bible camp in Port Alsworth in a coat that is perfect for the weather and is red...I love red! Thank you Father for meeting my needs is such unexpected ways!

1 comment:

  1. you may not have the perfect family, but that's only because only God is perfect. He loves us not because we are perfect; He loves us because He is perfect. :) I'm glad you're all doing so well, and you're in my heart and in my prayers. the boys were a handful today, but I love them both very much. Have a good night's sleep before your trip tomorrow, Mrs. Roy, and hug Alyssa for me.
    Lots of love,

    ~Kyle

    ReplyDelete