Thursday, January 22, 2009

7 days of blessing

Is today Thursday? Yep! Wow! One week ago today our home burned. At that time, I could not have imagined how many blessings and how much joy could be packed into seven short days! We as a family are experiencing the truth of the Psalm that says that God's mercies are new EVERY morning. Each day we wake up, praise him for the breath of life that remains in us and get our lives back together a little bit more.
Our days have a new order that is blackened with soot and smells like smoke. We are learning how to take one day at a time, and lots of times one hour at a time. Ron and Kendra hope to finish the inventory of the bedrooms and bathroom tomorrow morning. It has been such a massive job! I have learned lots about how cluttered and overflowing our lives here in the US are. The verse that contiunes to run through my mind is, 'we have food, clothing and shelter and with this we shall be content'. I never knew what that meant until one week ago...I stand in testimony to the grace of God, that He will clothe, feed and provide shelter for us-AND bless us with the contentment that allows us to be thankful in circumstances that I could not have imagined prior to January 15.
My heart overflows with thanksgiving and my lips pour forth praise to my Abba.

1 comment:

  1. it seems that no matter what we lose, we can never lose God. and He's the source of all our joy and happiness. I'm still both amazed and tremendously thankful that you're all okay, and I thank God many times each day for pulling you all out of that fire. Whatever you need, I know God will provide. I'll do all I can for you, and leave the rest in His loving hands.
    I'm thankful that your family has such a caring Christian mother who remains strong for the children she loves so much. Thank you for that.
    lots of love,

    ~Kyle

    ReplyDelete