Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day!
21 years ago today Ron asked me to be his wife...and I said yes! :)
Our motto throughout our marriage has been "Life is an adventure" and we have looked back over the preceding year on Valentines Day with laughter and tears and recounted the adventure that we have faced together, united with each other and with our God. This Valentines Day there may be more tears than laughter, and that's okay! I live by faith and not by sight-remember Hebrews 11? Faith is the assurance of things hoped for and the conviction of things not seen...what things am I hoping for in the coming year? Well, a completed house that we can make into a home...a settledness for myself and our family as we walk through the uncertainty of life...and an abiding joy that confounds the world and draws them first to us to ask "why?" and then allows them to be directed to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. Those are the things that I hope for the coming year and God's unfailing word assures me that He is in charge of all those things that concern me and that my heart longs for.
We will celebrate Valentine's Day again this year as we have in the past-as a family, recounting the adventures God has led us through.
Wishing you all a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment