Monday, February 2, 2009

Short term memory loss

Well...I am learning that a trauma of the magnitude of our house fire does weird things to your brain! I had a bit of short term memory loss before the fire (don't we all?:)) but this is ridiculous! I am making good use of pen and paper to make lists, which I then carry around with me...now, if I could just remember to read them! HA!!
Fortunately for me, the memory loss extends to eating which has resulted in a quick jump start of my new years plan to work on getting in better shape for health reasons! Unfortunately, the memory loss also has made it difficult to remember to feed my family! Thank you, thank you to those of you who have reached out to us with delicious gifts of dinners and other food ready to eat!

2 comments:

  1. WANTED TO SAY HELLO TO THE ROYS! FROM MARILYN RIEPMA, DOWN IN CENTRAL FLORIDA. I AM SETTING UP HOUSE FOR OUR RETIREMENT NEXT YEAR. AS I READ ABOUT THE PRECIOUS 'OPPORTUNITY' GOD HAS BESTOWED ON YOU, I AM GRATEFUL FOR YOUR LIVES, YOUR HEALTH, AND AWED BY THE WONDER OF GOD'S LOVE FOR US, AS HE TURNS WHAT WAS MEANT FOR EVIL INTO HIS GOOD! PRAISE HIM!! HANG IN THERE SHELLY!! MARILYN
    (LOVE READING YOUR DAILY INFO).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marilyn...you know, the day of the fire as God poured out His blessings upon us in ways we could not even imagine to ask for our refrain was, "what the Enemy of our sould has meant for evil, our Abba is already using for good!" We don't often have the opportunity to see that in quite such a dramatic and wonderful way!
    Love you, my sister,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete