Friday, February 6, 2009

Challenges and Changes

Life continues to throw curveballs at us...we continue to walk in the path that God lights before us-one step at a time!
Challenges:
Monday evening, Ron arrived home from work to let us know that he was working mandatory 10 hour days for all of February and that Saturdays may be necessary also. While the extra income is welcome and helps us make our budget work, having the 'husband and daddy' of this family gone for so many hours a week is tough on all of us.

Dinner time on Monday, Thomas didn't eat...he had a high fever! He began to cough and have a difficult time breathing from swollen vocal cords. He was so cute when I told him he had a fever, he said, "no mom, I don't have a fever, I have just been laying on this couch for hours and this couch is burning up!" Poor guy!

Tuesday morning Dillon and I went to run errands (and buy a thermometer). We were both looking forward to a walk in town. Our first stop was dropping things off at the library. Dillon sat down on the floor and asked if we could go home. I asked if he wanted to walk to the post office and he said no. OKAY! Those of you who know our Dillon know that he is the catalyst behind the "Turbo twins" name that Thomas and Dillon have been tagged with! On our arrival home, Dillon had a fever of 101...the boys have spent the rest of the week on the couches-thank goodness for four couches in our living room! :) Today, Friday the boys are still running low-grade fevers, and are enjoying strawberry smoothies.

Changes:
Our new home, until we re-build, is wonderful and cozy. It also has a fabulous view of Nushagak Bay. I am thankful each morning as I watch the sun rise and reflect off the snow and ice.

We are working on getting back into a smooth pattern for our days in this new environment without our school desks or curriculum.

Less 'stuff' is blessing our days with fewer things to put away.

Psalm 119:104 tells me that God's Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path-I am daily experiencing that lamp as the next step is clear before me and as the path He has marked for me is bright and all obstacles are clearly seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment