Saturday, August 20, 2011

21 days of prayer

Are you a mom, grandmom or caretaker of boys? Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed with all their needs?
"You’re not alone!
There are so many books out there today on the topic of parenting boys that I can’t count them. Nor do I have time to read them all. But even if I did, reading these books and putting the solid tools in them to work still doesn’t come with guarantees.
Knowing this, it becomes quite clear that there is only one thing we can do…
Plead with God.
Pray.
“The fervent prayers of a righteous man avails much.” James 5:17.
It’s our hope."
Brooke McGlothlin the author of "Warrior Prayers Praying the Word for our sons in the areas they need it most" has issued a 21 day challenge to pray for our sons together. If this idea intrigues you, grabs your heart and challenges you, read on to see how you can participate!

“I’m IN! How do I get started?”
Purchase your own copy of Warrior Prayers: Praying the Word for Boys in the Areas They Need it Most (just $4.99 on Amazon Kindle!)
Commit to praying for your son(s) or grandsons 10 times a day for 21 days straight. This is a huge commitment, so if you feel God leading you to participate, pray and ask Him to give you the strength and endurance you need.
Sign-up HERE!

And join me in spreading the word about this life affirming challenge. I will be leading a group for Alaska moms (and I have left my group open to all moms also). If you would like to be in my group, sign up, choose other under type of group and type in my name. That's it! I pray you will take up this challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Oops! I fogot to mention the date! Duh!!
    This challenge starts September 6, just as our boys head back to school. Great time I think to committing to pray for them.

    ReplyDelete