Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cool, cool summer



Our summer so far has been rather on the cool side. Today was 63 degrees and we were feeling pretty warm! Our annual July first swim at Aleknagik Lake was postponed because it was 49 degrees and raining on July 1st. So, for us, July first came 10 days later and the kids all braved the frigid water while I sat in the sun . I took the kids to the harbor this afternoon and they were longing to go in the water. Amazing how warm low 60's can be. It is 9 pm and Thomas and Dillon are playing outside in the sunshine. With such wet weather I can't find it in me to make them come in yet. Maybe after I finish this post.


Ron's youngest brother Brian spent the first week of July with us. Backing the Toyota up to the the boat trailer, I was struck by how well the brothers communicated with calm and unhurried hand signals. You would have thought they had been together frequently, and not been separated for 10 years.(Quite a difference from when I direct Ron as he is backing up to the boat! ) They took the boys camping on the lakes when Brian determined he would rather fight with smaller fish, than king salmon. He caught the largest fish of the trip at 24". He went home a happy fisherman. Ron and Brian, Thomas and Dillon also got the stair railing on our stairs. Hooray! No more boys leaping from the stairs to the chin up bar, no more thumps as they land on the floor from 5 stairs up and no worry about slipping on the steps. My man has just finished the long handrail 16 feet on the wall. I can't wait to try it out.

Thanks for stopping in to catch up on our doings! Hope to see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment