Sunday, September 13, 2009

Waiting for moose!

Hi again! Two posts in one day...wow!
Ron is hunting right now and it has been pretty hard on the kids and I for several reasons.
1) The kids are older this year and miss their Dad more than ever.
2) I don't have my 'big girls' here to help (for the first time). Alyssa is visiting Kendra in Oregon for a few weeks before her trip to Uganda on the 23rd.
3) Ron took two trips this year and has been home for one day in the last ten days-usually he has a moose by the sixth to eighth day and is home.
Dillon prayed in the car yesterday that daddy would get home last night. :( He is missing his Dad! All three kids prayed at bedtime last night for God to bring daddy home safely and soon!
He will be back no later than Wednesday, he has to return to work on Thursday, so we have the potential of a few more days without him.
Please pray these things for us (and however else God leads you!):
1) Peace in our home-we need a supernatural peace to descend on us. We are all on edge and are tending to snap at one another rather than love one another.
2) Safety for us as Ron is gone.
3) No more migraines for me! I was in the ER Thursday at noon for shots for a killer migraine. God used several of my dear friends to 'fill in' by taking the kids on a walk, cooking dinner and driving me to and from the hospital. Nevertheless the kids were worried and stressed by mom being so sick while daddy was gone.
4) Sunshine. We all feel better when it is sunny.
Thanks again for holding us up in prayer! I am so thankful for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment