Thursday, August 13, 2009

A fully equipped house!

Flooring, Appliances and Furniture! These three words dominated my trip to Anchorage. I was able to buy flooring and appliances on Saturday and almost all of the furniture on Sunday; that left one bedroom for Monday morning after an appointment that was to take place by telephone, but since I was in ANC I was able to meet face to face.
I got the bedroom furniture and what I thought were the perfect kitchen lights and went back to the hotel to pack. After a quick lunch, I called Ron to report my success. I was excited to return home knowing that my household goods would arrive by barge sometime mid-October.
Within an hour of eating, I realized that one more night in ANC would be a must...bad chicken for lunch! Yuck!!! I recovered and returned home on Tuesday.
What alot of work to outfit a house. How much fun though! And boy was I thankful for a husband who is so detailed. I went with a list in hand that covered everything I needed to know. It made life much easier.
To top off the trip, it was sunny every day! After three weeks of rain at home, the sunshine was doubly appreciated.
So, now we wait on the barge. The interior walls are ready to be textured and then painted; the exterior is in the process of the siding going on. The roof is here and ready for installation.
We are moving along. Thank you for your continued care for us and for praying for us as you remember us.

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful progress. And a shopping spree for all new things. I'm so happpy for what you have been able to do. A tragedy becomes a victory. You may be in before the holidays. God bless all of you.

    Love and hugs,
    Aunt Loleta

    ReplyDelete